Three Healthy Autumnal Yummy Recipes
Body Complete wants to give you three recipes this autumn, one is a snack, one is a breakfast meal and the third is a very tasty lunch or dinner meal.
Okay here we go with recipe number one. How to make cookies the healthy and delicious way.
- 2 Ripe Bananas, mashed until creamy
- 1/3 Cup Peanut Butter (organic smooth or crunchy)
- 2/3 Cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Flaxseed (optional)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 11/2 Cups Porridge Oats
- 1/4 cup Chopped Nuts (hazelnuts, walnuts etc.)
- Preheat the oven to 350f/180c/Gas 6
- In a large bowl mix the mashed banana and peanut butter until completely combined
- Add the apple sauce, vanilla extract and flaxseed. Mix well.
- Now add the Porridge oats and nuts and mix well. When mixed allow to stand for ten minutes the mixture will thicken.
- Cover baking trays with baking parchment and then drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto the trays. Press each cookie down to approx. 1/3″ thick.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before placing on a cooling rack.
- When completely cool, store in an airtight container …. if you haven’t eaten them all!!
Makes 16 Cookies
Now for the healthy breakfast recipe.
BodyComplete Winter Porridge
Yes, we all know how to make porridge, but can you make our secret magic porridge potion? Well, I’m going to share the secret with you…
- 300ml of full fat milk (if after exercise) or 300ml water – a compromise would be 150ml milk, 150ml water
- 1 teaspoon of chia seed
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 3 heaped teaspoons of desiccated coconut
- 40g porridge oats
Add all the above ingredients to a saucepan and put on full heat. Stir whilst cooking until porridge boils. Then, remove from heat and add your choice of berries / cherries / fruit etc. – I use frozen cherries or ‘black forest fruits’ – just put them in frozen, add a generous portion but don’t go mad. Turn your heat down and slowly simmer for 5 minutes, stirring.
That’s it, job done – delicious & nutritious start to the day 🙂
If you made the porridge with water add some Greek yoghurt at the end and give it a slight stir, it makes all the difference.
And your third and finally recipe is…
Red Thai Curry
- 50g Red Curry Paste
- 2 Chicken breasts cubed
- 400ml Coconut Milk
- 1 Red Chilli finely sliced(optional)
- Olive or coconut oil
- Add the oil to a hot frying pan, then add the curry paste and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Add the chicken to the paste and stir until cooked.
- Pour in the coconut cream and stir for a couple of minute
- At this stage add the chilli if using, you could also add a green veg such as Pak Choy, allow to wilt and then serve.
I really love this served on a bed of mashed celeriac and carrot, it is really tasty. Another option is Cauliflower Rice.