If you want to be strong and functional, strength training exercises for your legs are absolutely crucial.
There are SO many benefits to working your lower body:
- You build good proportions and don’t look “top-heavy” like your average gym goer.
- You build your core musculature which is essential for expressing power, reducing injury and fatigue, and developing finesse and balance.
- You strengthen your posterior chain which is also essential for preventing injury and gaining power and speed.
- You develop your level of conditioning. Squats and deadlifts are VERY aerobically taxing.
- You develop your mental strength. Strapping 300lbs to your back and squatting down with it isn’t easy.
- The squat and deadlift are virtually full body exercises. A proper form squat, for example, will strengthen your entire back, shoulders, and abs along with your legs.
- Your legs are comprised of HUGE muscle groups. Training your legs will translate to greater UPPER BODY GAINS given the natural testosterone boost you get by training such a significant portion of your body.